Event Florist – Josephine McGaughey

Event Florist Wedding at the Mansion House, Cardiff

Jane & Kevin’s wedding

lr30

Jane & Kevin’s April Wedding Celebrations took place in two very different venues. The Wedding Ceremony & Breakfast took place in the Mansion House, Cardiff built in 1896 for James Howell and is now the official residence for the Mayor of Cardiff.

The Evening Reception, including a Ceilidh, took place in the Temple Hall of the Temple of Peace, Cardiff designed by Sir Percy Thomas in 1938. Jane had clear ideas about having fragrant seasonal spring flowers that needed to include roses and lilies for her bouquet. The flowers also needed to be designed so that they could be moved and used in both of the distinct venues and then given to the wedding party as gifts to take home.

mansion1

Jane’s wedding outfit consisted of a turquoise dress with a pale turquoise with gold brocade coat and a turquoise  fascinator. The bouquet had added turquoise feathers and gold leaves in amongst the lilies and Akito roses to match her outfit.

mansion2

The bridesmaids had Hand-made Crash Wire Bouquets with limited flowers of Ornithogalum arabicum, ‘Feeling Green’ Chrysanthemum & Cymbidium. Wire and pearl beads coordinated the different shades of turquoise of the Bride and Bridesmaids.

mansion3

The Boutonnieres composed of an Akito rose, a hand-made turquoise wire leaf, sprig of rosemary, ‘Chrystal Dark Blue’ Limonium , ‘Green  Condor’ Hypericum and some ivy leaves.

mansion4

mansion5

The Wedding Breakfast took place in the Mansion House and Event Florist designed the floral designs to use the stunning silver candelabra that are there. Spring Green candles added to the effect. The Candelabra and Floral rings had spring scented flowers and in the Evening Reception the designs were re-used on the snug tables and candles in storm lanterns replace the candlesticks to add to the evening atmosphere at the Ceilidh.

mansion6

The staircase was decorated with large Pew End designs as the Wedding Photographs were being taken here. Two large Pedestals were moved to the Temple Hall where Garlands were hung to soften the huge marble pillars.

Tags: , , ,